Launching New Ventures
Transform a promising business opportunity into a venture concept proposal, and launch it as a business for real. Learn the key steps in the venture creation process, including marketing and fundraising. Sharpen your ‘entrepreneurial mindset.
Launching New Ventures, a course about Entrepreneurship & Strategy for Technology-Driven Startups, is designed for professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who want to learn about how to successfully launch a business. Through short, animated lectures, inspiring interviews with entrepreneurs from around the world, short quizzes, suggested readings and a practical final project, students will gain a broad overview of entrepreneurship strategy with insights they can apply to their venture regardless of location, industry or venture stage.
What you'll learn
- Identify promising business opportunities
- Develop your ideas into a venture concept
- Test market receptiveness to your venture idea by using social media
- Craft an opportunity exploitation roadmap
- Creatively market your solution
- Calculate how much money you need, where to find it and how to manage it
- How and when to protect your intellectual property
- How to grow your venture (intelligently!)
- Experience the early stages of the entrepreneurial process
- Sharpen your “entrepreneurial mindset” and learn how it can benefit your organization.
Meet the instructors
Christopher Tucci, Marc Gruber
Other EPFL MOOCs
You'll find more information about EPFL MOOCs here.
How to navigate through this course
Start the course by clicking on the top menu Course tab
If you are new to edX and would like to learn how to navigate the edX platform, take this fun and interactive demo course designed to help you explore the edX learning experience. It is perfect to take before you start this present course.