Introduction to choice models
The course introduces the theoretical foundations to choice modeling and describes the steps of operational modeling.
Human behavior is complex, and unpredictable. Or is it? Predicting the behavior using mathematical models is the topic of this course. More specifically, we focus on choice modeling, in order to obtain disaggregate demand models.
Focusing on the logit model, the course covers in details the specification of the model, the estimation of its parameters, the validation and the application. Exercises using the software Biogeme are also proposed. Concrete case studies with real data sets are provided.
What you'll learn
- The behavioral assumptions associated with disaggregate choice models
- The derivation of operational models
- The art of model specification
- The estimation of model parameters from choice data
- The testing of model specifications
- Concrete applications of the estimated models.
Michel Bierlaire, Virginie Lurkin
Other EPFL MOOCs
You'll find more information about EPFL MOOCs here
How to navigate through this course
Start the course by clicking on the below menu.
If you are new to edX and would like to learn how to navigate the edX platform, take this fun and interactive demo course designed to help you explore the edX learning experience. It is perfect to take before you start this present course.